Audiobook: Living in the Shadow of the Second Coming
Nowhere in all his writings does the Apostle Paul speak more strongly to the issue of practical and authentic Christianity than he does in his two letters to the Thessalonians. He opens his heart to the Thessalonians and to all readers of these letters, showing us how to have a deeper relationship with God and to be ready for the Second Coming of Jesus. These often-overlooked letters are full of practical counsel and deep feeling.
This series stays close to the text, yet speaks powerfully to the challenges of life in today’s world as well. Jon Paulien follows Paul’s text to explore diverse subjects such as thankfulness and joy in the context of suffering, authentic Christianity in an age of image, making prayer central to our lives, stages of faith and relationship, dealing with sexual temptation, understanding final events, and living with disruptive church members.
We will explore:
- The Gospel Comes to Thessalonica – How it Happens
- Preserving Relationships – Keys for Ministry
- Thessalonica in Paul’s Day – Historical Discoveries
- Joyous and Thankful – 1 Thess. 1:1-10
- The Apostolic Example – 1 Thess. 2:1-12
- Friends Forever – 1 Thess. 2:13-3:13
- Living Holy Lives – 1 Thess. 4:1-12
- The Dead in Christ – 1 Thess. 4:13-18
- Final Events – 1 Thess. 5:1-11
- Church Life – 1 Thess. 5:12-28
- Promise to the Persecuted – 2 Thess. 1:1-12
- The Antichrist – 2 Thess. 2:1-12
- Keeping the Church Faithful – 2 Thess. 2:13-3:18
13 Audio CDs. Total time: Approx. 11 hrs.
In StockISBN: 9781574832655Format: Audio CD